Thursday, July 21, 2011
24 New Recipes // Number 8: Vegetables with Curry and Hotcakes.
Hello! :) It's been a while since my last post for '24 recipes', so here's a new one. I started series because on my last birthday when I turned 24, I decided to try out 24 new recipes by my next birthday, so this is number 8. :)
What you need for this recipe:
-150g spelt wholemeal
- Baking powder
- 50ml of milk
- 2 eggs
- Some carrots
- 2 bell peppers
- An onion
- Some garlic
- Two table spoons of oil
- Curry paste
- Some vegetable broth
1. First of all, you need to prepare the dough for the little hotcakes. Therefore, mix the flour, a table spoon of salt, some baking powder, the milk, 75 milliliters of water and the eggs in a bowl. Stir everything up and let the dough soak for about half an hour while you prepare everything else.
2. Next, wash the carrots and the pepper bells and cut them into slices. Moreover, chop the onion and the garlic.
3. Heat some oil in a pot, steam the chopped onion and the garlic and then add the carrot slices and the pepper bell slices. Add about 2 table spoons of curry paste and some vegetable broth and then cook it slowly for about 15 minutes.
4. In the meantime, heat some oil in a pan and fry the hotcakes. Therefore, use about 1-2 table spoons of dough for each hotcake.
5. As soon as the hotcakes are ready to be served, the vegetables should be soft enough to eat them. :) I served it in a little bowl with some fresh natural joghurt and it was soooo delicious! :) Have fun!